- Recycle Paper and one additional material (ink cartridges, cans, bottles, plastic bags, etc.)
- Use Both Sides of photocopies or loose leaf paper; institute a double-sided policy.
- Invite Will County to your school for a presentation to one grade level or environmental group.
- Students and faculty become environmental ambassadors to the remainder of the school.
- Follow-up report submitted to Will County related to information presented.
- Perform two activities of your choice involving one grade level or school club by May 1.
- Host a collection event to save landfill space and give items a new purpose (shoes, clothing, books, etc.);
- Start an environmental club (meet at least monthly to discuss environmental topics);
- Start composting organic food scraps at school (using compost bin or worm farm);
- Perform at least 2 waste-free lunch days during the school year;
- Host a recycled art fair to showcase student projects;
- Become a Lights4Learning school;
- Celebrate Earth Hour: Entire school uses natural lighting one hour a month, eliminating overhead lights;